Monday 12 December 2011

Internet Explorer desktop icon makes more Internet Explorer shortcuts on the desktop!

An interesting problem occured today. I was just going to browse the internet on an XP laptop using Internet Explorer when I noticed that whenever I clicked on the desktop shortcut for IE, IE wouldn't load up but a new "Shortcut to Internet Explorer" would pop up on the desktop. Clicking on the shortcut in the Start menu did not do the same, but would come up with the "Don't Send" option because IE had crashed.

I looked up the problem on the internet and found this. At the bottom it describes the fix for it. Which is some Regedit stuff plus a bit more.

I decided that it was worth trying to update IE first. Updated from IE 6 to IE 8 and worked a treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment