Thursday 15 December 2011

Installing Canon LiDE 60 scanner on OS X 10.6.6

I recently updated one of the PC's to an iMac, yay, but forgot to think about the scanner attached. It was a Canon LiDE 60 scanner. The mac had OS X 10.6.6. Tried "Image Capture" at the off chance it'd pick it up straight away and alas it did not.

I did a quick search on the internet and found this bit of info. It says you have to install two things, a driver and something else (didn't pay too much attention). A lot of people agreed with it.

I went to Canons website, found the downloads section for the scanner here and downloaded all the OS X stuff. I was a little annoyed that it does not have a description of any of the downloads. I would like to know what they actually are.

After I downloaded it I started off trying the driver called "deldrvosx1510efg.dmg". Looked good to begin with but then asked if I was sure I wanted to uninstall the Canon LiDE 60 scanner! After saying yes (didn't think it would do any harm) it crashed.

I next tried the "lide60osx11131en.dmg" which contained the "ScanGear CS 11.1 Eng_Installer.pkg" file. It was quick and painless and wanted a reboot. After the reboot I loaded up Image Capture and it worked a treat!

So, to conclude, you basically just need to install the ScanGear CS pkg file.

Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment