Wednesday 10 April 2013

Viewsonic VX 800 blinking/flashing green LED light

A strange problem is occuring with a Viewsonic VX 800 monitor. Whenever it is switched on the green LED flashes constantly (every 0.5 seconds) and nothing appears on screen. But, after a prolonged period, the blinking will slow to once every 7 seconds. Perhaps not even after a long period. It is attached to an apple mac and when it reboots the screen sometimes comes on. Quite random. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I've not fully tested the situations out.

I found a few mentions of stuff but not very helpful. I guess because the screens are quite old.

Here I found a service manual but it's not very helpful

2 comments:

  1. The Viewsonic VX800 monitor has a problem with capacitors on the power supply board. There are four 100 microfarad 25 volt surface mounted capacitors that go bad. I have fixed at least 6 of them for this problem. I have posted a more detailed description on Fixya.com. Search that site for Viewsonic VX800 problems

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment. I found your post here:
    http://www.fixya.com/support/t3633981-when_plug_in_viewsonic_vx800_monitor
    Looks a little beyond me though.

    ReplyDelete